Monday - Friday
7:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
3:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
During class hours:
- If you are not with a class, bring a teacher-signed pass and current Mesa High ID. Sign in at the counter.
- Students using the internet should also sign in at the circulation desk and show their Mesa ID.
What Else ?
A copy machine for student use is located in the library. Copies are 10 cents per page.
Calculators are available at the Circulation Desk for student use in the library.
Magazines and Newspapers. While most magazines and newspapers are available electronically, the library does contain archived print copies of some magazines. These may be borrowed for in-library use only. If you need help accessing the electronic versions just ask!
Supplies, such as a three-hole punch, scissors, tape, staplers, colored pencils and markers are available at the Circulation Desk for students to use in the library.
And, don't forget, the Mesa High Bookstore carries a full line of necessary school supplies!
The Mesa High School library is truly a resource center for both students and teachers. Teachers are encouraged to sign up to use the Media Center for research. The technology and the trained staff are resources that support your curriculum and the common core standards. Please remember that the librarians are willing to help you with any project or assignment. If we don't know the answer, we will find someone who does!
For more help away from school, become familiar with the Mesa Public Schools Library Resource Center website. You will find the answers to many of your questions there. You'll be able to link to the Destiny catalog and on-line databases from there, as well.
Visit the Circulation Desk if you have any questions or problems regarding book borrowing, fines, due dates, holds or renewals.
Our goal is to keep books circulating and have as many books available to students for check out as possible. Students are allowed to check out two books at a time, as long as their accounts remain up to date with no overdues or fines.
Books are checked out for a period of three weeks and can continue to be renewed, unless there is a hold placed on the book for another student.
Typing and Printing
In order to accommodate students who may need to type and/or print their homework, all of the computers in the library are equipped with Microsoft Office (2013) with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Publisher available. We highly recommend that students access and work in their Google Drive accounts to create documents, spreadsheets and presentations. Using their Google account allows access to their work anywhere there is an internet connection.
Currently, ALL student Active Directory accounts are pushed to Printer #1 which is the 3015 in the Library.
Students may print up to 10 pages of their school work at no charge. 5 cents per page will be charged for more than 10 pages and ALL non-school related printing. Color printing is available for $1 per full page. See the librarian for assistance.
We recommend saving work in Google Drive so it can be accessed anywhere. Please note that work saved on MPS servers linked to each student's Active Directory account (MPS Share) is only accessible at school. Flashdrives and other web-based accounts such as Drop Box are other acceptable methods of saving work.
In order to make free printing available to students, we must conserve our resources. Please make use of the databases, use the print formating and print preview options and only print what you need! We are always willing to help if you have any questions.
Classes and Passes
- Teachers may reserve time in the library for their classes to do research or use the library facilities. Please use the library page (http://www.mpsaz.org/mesa/media-center/) to make requests. We are also happy to accommodate in-person or email requests. Advance notice is appreciated when librarian help is needed for the project; we are always willing to brainstorm ideas and identify resources available for your students.
- When sending individual or groups of students to the library, teachers should sign individual passes and confirm that students are carrying their student ID's. If the group is larger than three students, it is best to call to make sure the library can accommodate the students.
Using the Internet
- Except when accompanied by a teacher, ALL individual students must present a current Mesa High ID in order to sign up to use the internet.
- Internet research should be educational in nature. Non-curriculum video games are not allowed.