1350 S. Lindsay Rd.
Mesa, AZ 85204
7:30 am to 3:30 pm
Am I Allowed to Use the Computers?
Computer and Internet Use
Porter's library has 7 computers with Internet access.
- The Internet is for checking the library catalog and to help you with school assigned research.
- Please ask before you print anything.
- Our computers do not have the ability to save your work. Once the computers shut down, all input information is erased. Your work will not be there the next day.
- Do not hesitate to ask Mrs. Brown or Mrs. Van Hoy to recommend websites for your research.
- Report any inappropriate ads or information that might appear on your computer screen.
How Do I Check Out A Book?
We have a wonderful collection of over 15,000 fiction and non-fiction books for you to read.
Rules for Check-Out
Books may be checked out for one week.
Reference books are checked out overnight.
All materials can be renewed.
There are no fines for overdue books, however, students with overdue books will not be allowed to check out until their books are returned.
Overdue notices are sent out weekly to classroom teachers.
Where Do I Go To Find A Book?
Students can look up an author, title, or subject by using either of the library’s on-line catalogs Destiny or Destiny Quest. Both are available for your use in school and at home. Once you find the book you are looking for, write down the call number so that you can locate the book in the library.
Now Where Is Your Book In The Library?
Our library is divided into different sections to make locating your book much easier. Below are the sections and examples of spine labels:
- FICTION: (
FIC SPI) Alpha by author's last name.
- JUNIOR FICTION: (JR FIC PAR) Alpha by author's last name.
- NON-FICTION: (796 ALP) Numeric by the Dewey System (see Dewey LibGuide) and then alpha by author’s last name.
- EASY NON-FICTION: (E 741.5 WES) Numeric by the Dewey System (see Dewey LibGuide) and then alpha by author's last name.
- REFERENCE: (REF 796 ANG) Numeric and then alpha by author’s last name.
- EASY: (E KIR) Alpha by author's last name.
- Be respectful of everyone and everything. (Please push in chairs and leave the library looking nice for the next class.)
- NO food or drink are allowed in the library.
- Talking QUIETLY is OK!
- Be aware of a class being held in the library and that it is their class time.