Franklin at Alma Elementary School
Library Resource Center
1313 W. Medina Mesa, AZ 85202
Welcome to your LibGuide for Franklin at Alma Elementary School!
The philosophy of Benjamin Franklin School is to emphasize the teaching of basic skills and information.
- train the intellect
- teach skills
- instill a sense of pride in and respect for self, others, and country
- equip students with the necessary skills to become decision makers and problem solvers
- prepare students for the world outside by challenging them to compete for achievement of standards in the classroom
- develop an atmosphere of tolerance and acceptance of all students regardless of physical appearance and culture
- coordinate home and school effort in providing a solid education foundation for students
Tell me and I forget, teach me and I remember, involve me and I learn.
Today's libraries are better known as Resource Centers. They are equipped to assist you with your search for books and databases for your pleasure reading and research.
Within this guide you will find the information that will teach you all you need to know about our library and the resources available to you. It will show you how to open a Destiny account, do research, use our databases and webtools, create database folders, and check out an ebook.
The orientation is designed for you to cover the information at your own pace. If you have any further questions, do not hesitate to ask the library staff.
Please remember that the Franklin at Alma library personnel is here to help you!
Nancy Sievert * Resource Center Specialist
Kate Long * Resource Center Assistant
Library Resource Center
Resource Center Specialist
Top 10 Study Tips
1) Find a healthy balance of work and play.
2) Schedule your time. Use a planner!
3) Understand what motivates you.
4) Make use of all study resources on and off campus. Get to know students, teachers and librarians that will be vital to your success.
5) Study with others from your classes.
6) Establish a routine place to study.
7) When studying for exams, don't start with your Worst subject.
8) Discover if you are more productive in the morning or evening.
9) When studying, take a 5-10min break each hour.
10) Regular sleep, exercise and a healthy diet will give your more energy and keep you feeling good!
Franklin at Alma typically has two book fairs by A+ Books a year during conferences. 1:30-3:30pm after school hours with a parent.
What Your Library Can Do For You
At Franklin at Alma you will experience:
Franklin library lessons
Help with research