Franklin at Alma Elementary School
Mon, Tues, Wed, Thur, and Fri:
8:00 A.M - 3:30 P.M.
Am I Allowed to Use the Computers?
and Internet Use
The computers may be used in the library for book searching only.
Students may be assisted by the Teacher or Resource Center Specialist for research.
Always use the computers in the appropriate manner. Violations will limit the use of computers.
* Only MPS approved websites may be used.*
How Do I Check Out A Book?
We have a wonderful collection of over 14,000 fiction and non-fiction books for you to read.
Rules for Check-Out
You may check out two books at a time.
Books may be checked out for two weeks.
All books and materials can be renewed.
There are no fines for overdue books, however, students with overdue books will not be allowed to check out until they are returned.
Overdue notices are sent out every week and are distributed to students and teachers.
What happens when a book gets damaged?
At the circulation desk, library staff will check books for damage. Damages will be noted. It is also your responsibility to look at the book for damage and let us know about anything we missed.
If you return a book with damage that has not been noted, you will receive a fine. The amount of the fine is determined by the amount of damage. Lost books and water damaged books are fined the full amount of a replacement book. If you are unable to bring in payment, please come and speak with us in the library.
All fines must be paid in the Resource Center.
Where Do I Go To Find A Book?
Students can look up an author, title, or subject by using either of the library’s on-line catalogs Destiny or Destiny Quest. Both are available for your use in school and at home. Once you find the book you are looking for, you should write down the call number so that you can locate the book in the library.
Now Where Is Your Book In The Library?
Our library is divided into different sections to make locating your book much easier. Below are the sections and examples of spine labels:
- FICTION: (
FIC SPI) by author's last name.
- NON-FICTION: (796 ALP) Numeric by the Dewey System (see Dewey LibGuide) and the by author’s last name.
- REFERENCE: (REF 796 ANG) Numeric and then by author’s last name.
- EASY: (EASY, E, ENF CAR) by author's last name
Resource Center Specialist
- Be respectful of everyone and everything. (Please push in chairs and leave the library looking nice for the next class.)
- NO food or drinks are allowed in the library.
- Classroom rules also apply in the library.
- Talking QUIETLY is OK!
- Please respect and care for our library books.
- Appropriate use of the computers at all times.