Do I Need A Pass To The Library?
Passes are required
- During class time, students need to have a pass from their teacher.
When visiting the library with a pass, please sign in and leave the pass at the circulation desk.
Please have your pass signed by Mrs. cecil or Mrs. Casarrubias before you go back to class.
How Do I Check Out A Book?
We have a wonderful collection of over 20,000 fiction and non-fiction books for you to read.
Rules for Check-Out
Books may be checked out for one week.
All materials can be renewed as long as they are not on hold by another patron.
There are no fines for overdue books, however, students with overdue books will not be allowed to check out until they are returned.
Overdue notices are given out every week by the library resource specialist.
Books that overdue for more than 20 days will automatically be marked as lost and an appropriate fine will be assessed.
Where Do I Go To Find A Book?
Students can look up an author, title, or subject by using either of the library’s on-line catalogs Destiny or Destiny Quest. Both are available for your use in school and at home. Once you find the book you are looking for, you should write down the call number so that you can locate the book in the library.
Now Where Is Your Book In The Library?
Our library is divided into different sections to make locating your book much easier. Below are the sections and examples of spine labels:
- FICTION: (
FIC SPI) Alpha by author's last name.
- NON-FICTION: (796 ALP) Numeric by the Dewey System (see Dewey LibGuide) and then alpha by author’s last name.
- E (E MOT) Alpha by author’s last name.
Am I Allowed to Use the Computers?
Computer and Internet Use
Webster's library has 7 computers with internet access.
- The internet is for checking the library catalog and to help you with school assigned research.
- Please ask before you print anything.
- Our computers do not have the ability to save your work. Once the computers shut down, all input information is erased. Your work will not be there the next day.
- Do not hesitate to ask Mrs. Cecil or Mrs. Casarrubias to recommend websites for your research.
- Report any inappropriate ads or information that might appear on your computer screen.
Resource Center Specialist
202 N. Sycamore
Mesa, AZ. 85201
- Be respectful of everyone and everything. (Please push in chairs and leave the library looking nice for the next class.)
- NO food or drink are allowed in the library.
- SIGN IN. Present your pass.
- You MUST have your library card or folder to check out books.
- Talking QUIETLY is OK!