- cell membrane
- cell wall
- cell division
- sexual reproduction - meiosis
- asexual reproduction - mitosis
Need to Know
You should already have had exposure or have been taught about cells and the microscope. However here is a great refresher course to help you remember!
The essential questions that you should be able to answer after using this Lib Guide are:
- What is a cell?
- What scientific instrument is used to look at cells?
- Cells have "little organs" inside them... What is this term?
- What are the main structures that plant and animal cells have in common?
- What main structures that plant cells have that animal cells do not?
- The purpose for Cell Division is for three things... What are they?
- What are the two scientific processes terms that cells divide (Hint: they both start with "M")
Why is this important? If you are interested in being a doctor, nurse, physical therapist, or Crime Scene Investigator you must have a basic understanding of biology (the study of life).