- scientific method
- inquiry process
- independent variable
- dependent variable
- controlled experiment
- controlled variable (constant)
- control group
- experimental group
- data table
- line graph
- double bar graph
- stem and leaf plot
Here are some videos that you may find helpful.
Need to Know
You should already have had exposure or have been taught about the scientific method , measurement, and graphing. However here is a great refresher course to help you remember!
The essential questions and skills that you should be able to answer are the following:
- What is the scientific method?
- Why do scientists use the scientific method?
- What are observations and inferences?
- What are appropriate and inappropriate sources of research information (English)?
- Why are proper procedures necessary when conducting a scientific experiment?
- Identify variables; IV, DV, CV.
- Identify control groups and experimental groups.
- Identify and use scientific equipment .
- Are you able to make accurate and appropriate measurements?
- Create a data chart and organize the information in a logical manner.
- Choose an appropriate graph and create a properly labeled graph.
Scientific Method Song
Graduated Cylinder Triple Beam Balance
Magnifying Glass Dropper
Spring Scale/Newtometer Thermometer