- Newton (unit of measure)
- Reference Point
- Average Velocity
- Negative Acceleration
- F = M x A
- Constant Velocity
- Constant Acceleration
- Action Force
- Reaction Force
Need to Know
This is a fantastic unit focusing on the great works of Sir Isaac Newton!
After this unit, the essential questions that need to be answered are:
- Who is Sir Isaac Newton?
- What did Sir Isaac Newton contribute to the field of physical science?
- What is the difference between a Law and a Theory (as in Darwin)?
- What is a Newton?
- What is the principle behind the 1st Law of Motion? Explain and give examples!
- What is inertia?
- What is the principle behind the 2nd Law of Motion? Explain and give examples!
- Define the formula: F = m X a
- What is numerical representation for the force of gravity?
- What is terminal velocity?
- What is the principle behind the 3rd Law of Motion? Explain and give examples!
- How are action and reaction forces on an object represented?
- How do the Laws of Motion factor in today's society?
- Describe how the Laws of Motion are in action during a car crash.
- Why were air bags invented?
Why is the study of physics important? Anything that involves machines, engineering, or creating structures involves physics. Without physics we wouldn't have faster cars, better engines, jets, and skyscrapers!