- Natural Selection
- Seed Dispersal
- Protective Coloration
- Behavioral Cycles
- Dormancy (plants)
Need to Know
This ecology unit builds on what you have learned in 7th grade science.
The essential questions that you should be able to answer are the following:
- What is biology?
- What is ecology?
- What are adaptations - physical/structural and behavioral?
- Describe desert plant and animal adaptations?
- Can you describe behaviors that affect survival of organisms?
- How do organisms structural and behavioral adaptations maintain body temperature?
- What are diurnal and nocturnal behaviors in organisms?
- How did Darwin come up with his Theory of Natural Selection?
- What are the main differences between natural selection and selective breeding?
- How does the Theory of Natural Selection relates to the concept of Evolution?
- How does fossil record support the concept of Evolution?
- What are organism/species interactions and give examples?
- What is symbiosis?
- How does symbiosis relate to interactions?
- What are the three types of symbiotic relationships? Give examples of each.