Access weblinks and study guides for each unit. Materials are designed to assist in tutoring and preparing for exams.
Last Updated: May 30, 2012
Explain how muscle tissue structure enables it to perform its four basic functions.
- Relate the macroscopic and microscopic anatomy of a muscle to its physiology
- Create a diagram depicting the events of the sliding filament theory of contraction
- Illustrate the criteria used to name muscles by providing an example, using each criterion.
- Identify muscle movements and muscle types.
- Identify the muscles of the human body including origins, insertions, and movement.
- Assess how homeostatic mechanisms in the body would respond to muscular imbalances, such as muscular dystrophy or fibromyalgia