Can You Do the Following?
1. Identify the overall function of the digestive system, and differentiate
between organs of the alimentary canal and accessory organs.
2. List and define briefly the major processes occurring during
digestive system activity.
3. Describe the tissue composition of the four layers of the alimentary
tube wall, and note the general function of each layer.
4. Describe the pathway of food through the alimentary canal.
5. Describe the gross and microscopic anatomy and basic function of
each organ and accessory organ of the alimentary canal.
6. Explain the dental formula and differentiate clearly between deciduous
and permanent teeth.
7. Describe structural modifications of the wall of the stomach and small
intestine that enhance the digestive process in these regions.
8. Describe the composition of gastric juice, name the cell types
responsible for secreting its various components, and describe the
importance of each component in stomach activity.
9. State the roles of bile and of pancreatic juice in the digestive process.
10. Describe the processes regulating the entry of pancreatic juice and
bile into the small intestine.
11. List the major functions of the large intestine.
12. Describe the process of absorption of digested foodstuffs that occurs
in the small intestine.
13. Name the end products of protein, fat, carbohydrate digestion.