Here you can find some of the common forms used in AVID.
As a member of the AVID program, you are required to organize your class materials in a three ring binder. This binder is your essential tool for keeping all of your classwork and notes organized in one place.
The requirements for the binder are as follows:
1) Each binder must have a labeled section for each class on your shedule.
2) Each section must contain a class homework calendar.
3) Each section must contain class notes and blank note paper. At the end of every week, you will be required to demonstrate that you have taken a total of 5 pages of notes/learning logs for 4 of your academic classes. Notes also need to include reflections/summaries and questions/main ideas for full credit.Teachers not giving notes is NOT an excuse for you not having a page of notes. In the event that taking notes was not possible, you will need to create a learning log for the class period on that day.
4) Your binder must be neat and organized. There should be no loose papers. All papers should be three-hole punched and secured in your binder.
5) Your binder should contain a pencil pouch in which you have at least two pens, two pencils, and a highlighter.
6) You should have blank Tutorial Request Forms at all times in your binder.
7) You should expect to have your binder evaluated each and every week to check for compliance. There will also be un-announced binder checks. The binder grade sheet will be used to assess your binder.