On February 9, 2012 we were blessed to be able to hear Bernard Sheer, one of the last living "holocaust" survivors share his experience with us. These are some quotes I took from his speech. Read them all and choose one that makes an impression on you. Write about what it means to you on your blog as a new post. Copy & Paste the quote so we know which one you are writing about.
- "The children of the guilty are NOT guilty."
- "Memory is the glue that connects the past to the future."
- "The worst torment is to not be able to speak."
- "Fanatacism leads to mass cruelty and death."
- "Why is there so much hatred in the world? Indifference to suffering?"
- "My memory is a shield to prevent mass killing again. That is why I share my story."
- "You need to have hope NOT hopelessness."
- "The greatest crime is to have indifference to pain and suffering in the world."