You are about to enter the fun world of research! The purpose of this assignment is to learn about an animal, including its physical features and behavior that helps it to be a SURVIVOR in its Arizona environment.
First, you will choose an animal that lives in Arizona that you are curious about.
Then you will seek many different resources to read about it. That's what research is!
Finally, you will share what you've learned with others by creating a written report.
Outline for the Report
Here is how you will use the writing trait of Organization for your written report:
- Front Cover (name of the animal, a picture of animal, your name and date)
- Paragraph 1: Introduction (use the trait of Voice....let your personality shine!)
- Paragraph 2: Describe what the animal looks like, including its size, color, special features, etc. Remember the trait of Word Choice
- Paragraph 3: Describe the animal's habitat, including which Arizona region it can be found (plateau, desert, mountain). In this paragraph also include what it eats in its habitat (its prey) and what eats it (the animal's predators)
- Paragraph 4: Describe how the animal survives. Does its behavior help (for example, is it nocturnal or does it fly?) or does it have physical features that help (for example, large ears that dissipate heat?)
- Paragraph 5: Conclusion
- Bibliography (cite resources you used, such as books or websites)
- Back Cover (draw the animal's habitat, with a picture of the animal in it).
Your report must be written neatly (or typed) in your own words, with a lot of details (Ideas). Your spelling, capitalization, and punctuation also need to be correct (the traits of Conventions and Sentence Fluency). So edit your work!