Have you ever read a page or two, maybe an entire chapter of a text,
only to get to the ending and realize
you can't remember what you've read?
It is AMAZING what you will discover while you critically read a text.
Students miss critical information when they merely skim through assignments and articles.
If you want to retain the information you read, you must read it CRITICALLY!
1) Schedule your time. Use your planner!
2) Take notes and study from them. Make flashcards or a study guide to review and study for tests.
3) Be organized. Dedicate a space in your backpack for every class, whether it's a folder or binder, where you ALWAYS store your notes, handouts and homework for that class.
4) If you are struggling, ask for help. Talk to your teacher, get a tutor, make use of all study resources on and off campus.
5) Find a place to study that is quiet, comfortable, and without distractions. Take a 5-10 minute break each hour.
6) Don't procrastinate! Work on your homework and study or review every night.
7) Regular sleep, exercise and a healthy diet will give you more energy and keep you feeling well and able to do your best.