Reports should be 1 page, single-spaced, and typed with 12 font. You should have a minimum of 3-4 paragraphs. Online sources must be from a credible site. Glue your page onto the front of your project poster board.
Please include 1 small image/picture (example: 4X6, 5X7) pertaining to the disease that would be suitable to share with the class, and glue it onto the poster.
You must use a minimum of 3 credible references. Wikipedia is not considered to be a credible source. Please use APA format for all sources.
Image Example 1
Project Information Requirements
Your research should include the following information:
- Name(s) of the disorder.
- What system/part of the body does the disorder affect?
- Gene and/or chromosome that is mutated in this disorder.
- Is the mutation dominant or recessive—what type of mutation is it (sex-linked, autosomal dominant, autosomal recessive, etc.)
- Symptoms of the disorder.
- Possible treatments.
- Does the disorder affect specific populations or cultures of people more so than others?
- What is the amount or percentage of the population that suffers from this disorder?
- History of the disorder.
- 2 interesting facts about the disease (example—pedigree showing transmission of the disease, famous people who have the disease, etc.)
Image Example 2
This project is worth 80 points. Please click on the link below to see the grading rubric.
Image Example 3