Links for Early Civilization
Please answer the following questions:
- What were the people like?
- What was the main religion? (Polytheistic/Monotheistic/ Name the god or some of the gods)
- What were some major ceremonies, feasts or sacred days?
- What was the food like?
- What did they do for protection?
- Who were some main people in the civilization?
- What type of government did they have?
- List a minimum of 3 conflicts and answer the following: cause/effect, major people involved, brief summary of event
- How does this time period influence us today?
Starting with the age of man, Early Civilization includes Mesopotamia, Egypt, Assyria, and Persia.
The Following can be used as sources:
Egypt : Land of the Pharaohs by the editors of Time-Life Books. T 932 EGY
Ancient Egypt general editor, David P. Silverman 932 ANC
The Egyptian Kingdoms by David, A. Rosalie (Ann Rosalie) T 932 DAV
Egyptian Life by Stead, Miriam 932 STE
The Complete pPyramids by Lehner, Mark. 932 LEH
The Pharaohsby Casson, Lionel 932 CAS
The Pyramids by Weeks, John S. 932 WEE
Ancient Egypt by Hart, George T 932 HAR
Ancient Egypt : An Illustrated Reference to the Myths, Religions, Pyramids and Temples of the Land of the Pharaohs by Oakes, Lorna. T 932 ANC
A Dictionary of Ancient Egypt by Bunson, Margaret. R 932 BUN
Egyptian Life by Guy, John. 932 GUY
and Summer .by Mellersh, H.E.L. 913.35 MEL Babylon
They Wrote on Clays : The Babylonian Tablets Speak Today. by Chiera, Edward. 913.35 CHI
What Life Was Like on the Banks of the
Nile: 3050-30 BC by the editors of Time-Life Books 932 WHA Egypt
An Egyptian Pyramid by Morley, Jacqueline T 932 MOR