Ancient Rome Links
Please answer the following questions:
- What were the people like?
- What was the main religion? (Polytheistic/Monotheistic/ Name the god or some of the gods)
- What were some major ceremonies, feasts or sacred days?
- What was the food like?
- What did they do for protection?
- Who were some main people in the civilization?
- What type of government did they have?
- List a minimum of 3 conflicts and answer the following: cause/effect, major people involved, brief summary of event
- How does this time period influence us today?
Ancient Rome influences us today. Their government, arctitecture, art, and military all have Roman ties.
Use these books as possible sources:
Life in Ancient Rome by Nardo, Don 937 NAR
The Roman Colosseum by Macdonald, Fiona T 937 MAC
What Life Was Like When
Ruled the World: The Rome Roman Empire, 100 BC-AD 200 by the editors of Time-Life Books 937 WHA
Life in Ancient Rome by Miquel,
T 937 MIQ Pierre
The Roman Empire by Nardo, Don 937 NAR
Rome: Echoes of Imperial Glory by the editors of Time-Life Books T 937 ROM
Handbook to Life in Ancient Rome by Adkins, Lesley R 937 ADK
Julius Caesar by Shakespeare, William pb 822.33 SHA
The Collapse of the Roman Republic by Nardo, Don 937 NAR
The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire by Nardo, Don 937 NAR
Spartacus by Fast, Howard Fic FAS
The Caesars: Might and Madness by Lissner, Ivar 923.137 LIS