Do you have an opening paragraph?
Is there an attention getter?
Is there a thesis statement?
Do you have a closing paragraph?
Does the closure summarize the essay?
Did you answer each of the following questions to the best of your ability in at least one (1) paragraph each?
- What were the people like?
- What was the main religion? (Polytheistic/Monotheistic/ Name the god or some of the gods)
- What were some major ceremonies, feasts or sacred days?
- What was the food like?
- What did they do for protection?
- Who were some main people in the civilization?
- What type of government did they have?
- List a minimum of 3 conflicts and answer the following: cause/effect, major people involved, brief summary of event
- How does this time period influence us today?
Is the paper double spaced?
Is the font size 12 Times New Roman?
Are the margins set to 1 inch?
Is there a works cited/bibliography?
Is it in MLA format?
Are there at least 6 sources?
Are there at least 3 books?
Did you cite your work within the paper?
Did you use proper grammar and spelling?
If you can honestly answer "YES!!!" to each of these questions, then you have nothing to worry about. If you are still worried about length, a high quality paper should be no shorter than 2,500 words, or about 15-18 pages.