Out of Sight,
Not out of Mind
When you first create a guide, its status is Unpublished. Other MPS LibGuide authors can see what you've done, but no one else. That means you're free to think, try different approaches, change your mind, make mistakes, and learn as you go without worrying that what you've done is out there for everyone to see.
When you're ready to make your guide public, there are several steps you need to take. For more on that and on changing a guide's status, see the Review/Publish page.
How to Create A Guide
Creating a new guide:
- From your main administration page, click on Create New Guide.
- If you want to use another guide as a template, select that guide. (You can choose one of your own guides, another MPS guide, or one from another LibGuides institution.) Otherwise, leave it as "Start Fresh (no template)"
- If you do use an existing guide as a template, all of the content (tabs and boxes) will be copied into your new guide for use as is or for editing.
- The author of the guide you are using will be notified by email that their guide is being used as a template for another guide so get permission first.
- Give your guide a title.
- Include a brief description.
- Note that the title and description can be easily changed before publishing.
- To allow others to edit your guides (optional), select up to 3 from the drop-down list.
- Click on Create New Guide and you're ready to format the guide and add content.