Adding Content Boxes
Adding content boxes to a page:
- Click on Add new Box
- Enter a title for the box. (Use title case in page names.)
- Select a location for the box from the Position drop-down menu
- Select a box type from the box type menu.
- Click Create Box
Editing content boxes:
- Click on , usually at the bottom of the box
- Make changes in the text editor box
- Click on
Reusing & Reordering Boxes
Reusing content boxes:
When adding a new content box, instead of creating a new box you can reuse existing boxes in two differnt ways.
- Link to another box in the system: This option duplicates the selected content box, and will change automatically whenever the original is changed.
- Copy another box from the system: This option duplicates the selected content box, but is not linked to the original. It can be edited on its own.
- Any box in the MPS LibGuides system can be linked to or copied.
Reordering content boxes:
- You can reorder boxes on a page by moving them up or down in a column. You can also move boxes between columns. You can even move boxes from one page to any other page within the same guide.
- To reorder boxes:
- Click on Add/Edit Pages on the yellow command bar.
- Select Reorder Boxes on This Page.
- Drag and drop the boxes you want to move to the desired locations.
- Click on Update Box Order
Types of Content Boxes
There are several types of content boxes to choose from. Some of the most commonly used types are summarized below. Click on a name to go to a sub-tab with more detailed information about that box type.
The Links and Lists box type enables you to mix web links with non-web link items. Each item can have a short description which appears underneath the item, and an optional More Info button which the user can click on to get more information.
Simple Web Links boxes can include a short description which appears when the cursor hovers over the link.
The RSS Feed box type enables you to dynamically display the contents of an RSS feed on your page.
A video box enables you to embed a
streaming video inside your page. The video can reside on any video sharing
sites (YouTube and the like...). You neeed to enter the full embed code to
embed it inside the content box.
* Note: MPS blocks most video hosting sites. See "Adding Video" to see how to use your MPS Architeck page to add video links to your guide.
Follow this link for info on other types of content boxes available on LibGuides.
Content Box Tutorial
Select the image to view a video on the types
of content boxes available with LibGuides.