About Links and Lists Boxes
A Links and Lists box presents resources, online or not, with brief descriptions below them.
Descriptions are limited to 256 characters. Additional descriptive text, unlimited in size, can also be added. This text will be in a pop-up that appears when the user clicks on the icon.
See Link Options for the differences between Links and Lists, Simple Web Links, and links in text boxes.
Users can rate items in a Lists and Links box from one to five stars. The average rating will be shown next to the title. (The default is no rating.)
User ratings are optional for linked and listed resources.
Example Links and Lists Box
Adding/Editing Items in a Links and Lists Box
Adding items to a Links and Lists box:
- Click on Add a new Link
- Fill in the fields in the new link form (see the screenshot below) as follows:
- Link Title: The name of the resource.
- Link URL: The web address of the resource, if it is online
- Leave blank if it is not an online resource.
- Description (Optional): A description of the resource, no more than 256 characters.
- More Information (Optional): Additional descriptive text with no character limit. This appears in a pop-up window.
- Click on Create Link
Editing items in a Links and Lists box:
- Log in to the page with the box you want to edit.
- Click on the tools icon next to the item you want to edit. This will bring up the link form.
- Edit whichever field or fields you want to change. (You can also choose to delete the item.)
- Click on Save Changes.
Reordering items in a Links and Lists box:
- Click on Reorder Links at the bottom of the box.
- Drag and drop the links into the order you want.
- Click on Update Link Order
Note: Descriptive text about a Links and Lists box as a whole can be entered at the top of the box.