About Other Content Boxes
There are several other types of content boxes demonstrated on this page. Feel free to try them. You may find one that better suits your needs.
Documents & Files
You can add a box to your LibGuide that will allow users of the guide to give you feedback on how useful the information in this guide/page was.
- Select "Add New Box"
- Select "Feedback Box"
- Give the box a title
- Select "Save"
** Note: By default, any feedback provided within this content box will be sent
to the guide owner via email. If you would like to have the feedback
sent to another address, select "Feedback Box Options" at the bottom of the box and add the new email address.
Podcast Feed boxes provides links to the latest episodes of podcasts that you select.
Adding a Podcast Feed box:
- Click on Add Podcast Feed
- Enter the URL for the Podcast feed.
- Enter the number of items you want to show. (The default is 5.)
- Click on Update
Editing a feed in an RSS Feed box:
- Click on Edit Podcast Feed
- Edit the information you want to change.
- Click on Save Changes.
Dates & Events
Dates and Events content box enables you to create a list of events that is automaticaly ordered chronologically, with events dropping off after they occur. Each event can have a date, short description, URL, and additional information fields attached to it.
Adding a Dates & Events box:
- Click on Add New Event/Date
- Enter the beginning/ending dates and brief description
- Click on Create Event
Editing or Deleting a Dates & Events box:
- Click on to Edit event
- Make changes to required fields
- Click on Save Changes
- To Delete select Delete Event
Mesa Public Schools Fall 2009 Testing Schedule
- Mon, Oct 26th, 2009 to Fri, Oct 30th, 2009: TerraNova-Stanford 10
3-6 TerraNova-Stanford 10 Linking Study (select schools)
- Mon, Nov 02nd, 2009 to Fri, Nov 06th, 2009: Acuity
3-6 Acuity Predictive B (R,M)
- Mon, Nov 30th, 2009 to Fri, Dec 11th, 2009: DIBELS
Google Books Search Box
Google Scholar Search Box
In a Google Scholar Search Box you can define a default search term. The results will open in a new window, directly from the Google Scholar website.
Library Services asks that you not use a general Google Web Search Box because the integrity of LibGuides is to promote and provide access to our Library Resources. Google Books Search Boxes and Google Scholar Search Boxes are acceptable.
See boxes above for examples: