Mesa Public Schools does not recommend that you link images using the URL, or copy and paste images from a web site. These images can disappear or be replaced with images that you don't want to use or that are inappropriate for public schools.
Tips for Image Use
Guidelines for using Internet images:
- The Internet is NOT public domain. There are both uncopyrighted and copyrighted materials available. However, you should assume a work, image, video, etc. is copyrighted.
- Always credit the source of your information.
- Find out if the author of a work (i.e., image, video, audio, etc.) provides information on how to use his or her work. If explicit guidelines exist, follow them.
- Whenever feasible, ask the owner of the copyright for permission. Keep a copy of your request for permission and the permission received.
Adding Images from the Web
Select image from web page:
- Navigate to the web page that has the image you want to use.
- Right click on the image and select "Save Image As".
- Name the image and save it to a file on your computer.
* Note: Do Not "Copy/Paste" directly from the web site.
Adding Image to your LibGuide:
the text editor, place your cursor in the text box where you want the
image to appear and click on the image icon (picture of a tree).
on the link (in red letters) that says "Click to upload an image from
your computer or reuse an image in your personal image library."
on the Browse button, navigate through your computer's files to the
image file you want to upload, and select it. The file location should
then appear in the Browse box.
- Click on the Upload Image button. The image will be added to your Image Library and will appear with all of your other images.
- Double click on the image and then hit the Insert button.
- To insert an image already in your Image Library, skip steps 3 & 4.
NOTE: You can also type the name of an image file in the Filter by File Name box to find it among your images. (See Your Image Library at left for more on this.)
- Depending on how you want to align the image, you can then either leave the alignment at "Not Set" or change it. (See Aligning Images & Text for more information.)
- Once the image is added and aligned, please remember to cite the source of the image somewhere on the page.
NOTE: If you upload a new image but do not want to insert it immediately, just close the Image Manager box and hit cancel. The uploaded image will remain available in your Image Library for later insertion into this or other guides.