About Library Resources
Your Library Resource Center has many resources you will want to use in your LibGuide. See the boxes to the right to learn how to link to a library search or one of the many databases MPS has to offer.
You can help students find appropriate books in your school library through your LibGuide in two ways:
- Add a link to your school library and have student do a search (you may want to suggest search terms and/or criteria).
- Example: MPS Libraries
- Create a list of available print resources in Destiny and/or Destiny Quest and link to the list. Click the link below for directions for creating Resource List
MPS has databases available for you and your students to use. You can link to these databases in two ways:
- Link to the database portal and have your students do a search for their topic (you may want to suggest search terms and/or criteria).
- Do the search, copy the URL for the articli and link to the page with the information you want your students to access. (Linking directions are found under Add/Edit Boxes, Link Options.)
** To link to a Facts on File article you will need to highlight the Record URL found at the bottom of the article, right click and select Copy Shortcut. This is what you will paste in the URL field.
- Recommendation: Use a Links and Lists box so you can add a description of what you are linking to.
*Note: All databases are available through the Library Services web site.
Databases available through MPS: