Mesa Public Schools provides teachers and students access to several online databases. The licenses for each of these databases have specific guidelines for what you can use and how you can use it. On the right, these databases are listed with a brief summary of their guidelines for use. In most cases, they also provide the citation for their information. If you are still unsure how you can use the information, please look up the copyright for the individual database.
These databases can be found on the MPS Library Resource Centers site. To use them from home, you are required to log in. You can get the user name and password from your teacher or Library Resource Specialist.
MPS Databases General Guidellines
In general students:
- can print copies of images for reports, term papers, class handouts and research
- can use images in multimedia presentations, overhead transparencies, and slide shows
- can not use images to publish in newspapers, magazines, brochures, catalogs, commercial announcements, calendars, posters, yearbooks, playbills, newsletters, t-shirts, promotional items, or for commercial use or gain of any kind
In general students:
- can download, print, email limited copies for personal, non-commercial use
- should put information in own words or use quotation marks
- use should be educational and/or personal
- should not delete or make changes to the content
- should retain/display source of information and copyright/trademark
- should properly cite source
- can use information in PowerPoint or similar presentations
- should link to homepage
- should ask permission if material is to be distributed over the Internet or Intranet
ABC-CLIO will permit you to download the content contained on this web site on any single computer and/or make a single print copy of the content for your own personal noncommercial use provided you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices. You are not permitted to republish, post, transmit or in any way distribute ABC-CLIO content including the copying of the content and posting it on your web site or a third-party web site without the written permission of ABC-CLIO.
Authorized Users may download or print limited copies of citations, abstracts, full text or portions thereof provided the information is used solely in accordance with copyright law. Users may not publish the information. Users shall not use the Database or Services as a component of any other publication prepared for sale.
Facts On File grants the authorized user permission to download content contained on this web site for their own personal noncommercial use. Each authorized user is allowed a single print copy of the content, provided all copyright agreements are met.
Users may make a single print, non-electronic copy of a permitted portion of the content for personal, non-commercial, educational purposes only. Except as expressly provided for in the foregoing sentence, you may not modify, publish, transmit (including, but not limited to, by way of e-mail, facsimile or other electronic means), display, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works based on, or in any other way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Gale and (if applicable) its licensor.
Associated Press text, photo, graphic, audio, and/or video material shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium. Neither these AP materials nor any portion thereof may be stored in a computer except for personal and non-commercial use.