Slide Show Task Sheet
Psychological Disorders Project
Research and Slide Show
1. Each student will pick a disorder (random drawing).
2. Library research: books, magazines, Internet. Get lots of information about your disorder. Minimum five sources (for “C”). The more, the better. Dig deep! TYPED references list in
Presentation MUST include:
Recommended, if you can find it:
3. You will share this information with the class, in a short (5-10 m.) power point presentation with verbal comments/explanations.
Note: In addition to organization, clarity, and accuracy, your ability to answer follow-up questions from the instructor and other students will be part of the assessment.
4. Put the slide show on a flash drive and bring it with you to class on the due date. You better make sure that it works on our computer (a PC) ahead of time.
Note: If you wait until the last minute to do your power point presentation, then bring in something on the due date that does not work, be prepared to take a zero.
5. Due date: April 19, 2010. Be ready when I call on you.
Doing the Research
It is very important that you find solid, reliable sources of information. Please do not use Wikipedia, when there are so many great resources available. You can do a search for the specific psych disorder, or go to one of the following reputable websites to start a search. Good Luck!
Your references page will be typed separately (hard copy) to be turned in on the due date. There is no need to create a slide for the references in the slide show itself. Be SURE that your references page is in proper APA style. For further information, click on the next tab, "APA Format."