After analyzing the poem and completing the Poetry Analysis Worksheet, it is time to think about creating the Multi-media PowerPoint presentation. Finally, you will present your Multi-media PowerPoint to the class. Your job will be to effectively teach the other students in the class about your author, poem, and discuss how you arrived at a possible theme that the poem suggests.
1. Slide show must be at least 15 slides and follow the guidelines for PowerPoint presentations.
2. Slide show should contain properly cited graphics.
3. Slide show must include one embedded video.
4. One or two slides must include author biography pertinent to the understanding of the poem.
5. Over the course of the slide show, at least 6 poetic devices (a minimum of two of which have to be music devices) must be discussed. Remember to give direct examples from the poem and clearly explain each example. Be sure to include an explanation slide where you discuss the importance of the poetic device in the poem. Finally, discuss a theme that your group believes is suggested by the poem. Give direct examples (lines from the poem) to explain your theory. You may want to check out the bottom part of this resource for common Romantic theme ideas!
6. The poem should be displayed in the earliest slides and should be read dramatically.
7. A class hand-out must also accompany the slide-show. The handout needs to include: author information, the poem, the devices taught and examples, and class participation.