Students will explore the romantic poetry of Walt Whitman and Emily Dickinson by analyzing the classic poems and creating a multi-media presentation.
Last Updated: Feb 24, 2011
- Glossary of Poetic Devices
Here you will find a glossary of poetic devices that are used to help analyze poetry.
- Walt Whitman Archive
Here you will find CREDIBLE information about Walt Whitman. You can also download many pictures of Walt from this site.
- Emily Dickinson Biography
Here you will find a biography of Emily Dickinson as well as some of her poetry.
- Digital Backgrounds
These digital backgrounds are very unique. There are free public domain backgrounds to use in your PowerPoint presentation if you would like to.
- American Romanticism
This is a comprehensive description of American Romanticism. LOOK AT BOTTOM OF PAGE FOR COMMON ROMANTIC THEMES!
1) Research author biographical information.
2) Input author biography to slide show
3) Find the video for your slide show and insert it. BE SURE TO SAVE THE FILE ON YOUR U:// drive first!
4) Plan the PowerPoint.
5) Begin inserting literary device slides.