Using the writing process and incorporating the 6-Traits, write a 5 paragraph persuasive essay. The persuasive essay will include at least 3 points or reasons why animal abuse is wrong, not necessary or inhumane.
Prepare for an oral presentation of your essay.
Project Requirements/Project Timeline
- 1 week for LibGuide research
- 1 week for brainstorm and rough draft
- 1 week for revising and editing
- 1 week for final draft
- prepare for oral presentation
- Use the resources within this Lib Guide.
- Write a 5 paragraph persuasive essay.
- Include at least three reasons, points or arguments.
- Include an opposing view.
- Follow the Writing Process Steps.
- Incorporate the 6-Traits of Writing.
- Present the Final Draft by reading it aloud to the class.
In persuasive essays, you are writing to convince others by presenting solid, supported arguments.
- Takes a strong and definite position on an issue or advises a particular action.
- Gives logical reasons and supporting evidence to defend the position or recommend action.
- Considers opposing views.
- Has enthusiasm and energy from start to finish.